Sunday, November 25, 2007

Arizona's Christmas City

We had a lot of fun yesterday in Prescott with my Aunt Marie and my Uncle Dan. The drive up was a frightening one as we had to dodge several GIGANTIC tumbleweeds as they barreled across the highway. Luckily we arrived in one piece.

First we went to a McDonald's to use their wireless internet. We had a video call with my Baba using Skype. We talked for over an hour and my Baba was able to see Marie, Danny, my Mom, my Dad and of course me (although I was more concerned with playing in the play place than I was with Skyping).

Next we went to downtown Prescott where we had some delicious burgers and some even deliciouser gelato ice cream. Yum. We walked around town a little bit admiring the Christmas tree and lights. Apparently, Prescott is Arizona's Christmas City. Very festive.

If we were a rock band, Marie would be our lead singer and this picture would be our album cover. Too cool. I didn't like being in my stroller so I spent the day walking around with everyone else. I was pretty tired at the end of the day.


Later on, as we were driving we saw Margaret Street. Of course, we had to get out and take a photo.


Next, we did a little bit of post Thanksgiving shopping. My Uncle Dan and I are very anti-shopping so that didn't last very long. Then Marie and Danny went to an AA meeting while my mom, dad and I headed back downtown to secure a good spot for the Christmas Light Parade. It was very cold but we still had fun. This is a picture of a semi truck covered in lights.



Overall, it was a great day. Next Saturday we're headed back to Prescott because my Uncle Chris, Uncle Dave and my Mama De are coming to visit. I'll get to meet Uncle Dave for the fist time EVER! I think we'll continue the Christmas festivities and visit the Prescott Resort so we can see the world's largest collection of Gingerbread houses. And if its not too cold, maybe we'll go for a fun hike as well.

Thanks Marie and Danny for such a fun Thanksgiving week!

No comments: