Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Fourth of July

For Independence Day, my parents and I joined the masses and headed out to Marana's Fourth of July Celebration. It was a free event with games, food, bouncy stuff, watermelon eating contests and lots of karn-on-the-cob. It was a giant town festival and a great way for us newbies to get a taste of the local area. We saw lots of cowboy hats, rat-tails and even a woman wearing camouflage overalls- that's it... no shirt underneath, just the overalls. 


My dad and I sitting on some hay listening to the band play. 

Here I am dancing like no one is watching... dancing to country music like no one is watching. How embarassing. 

Monsoon season is just starting here in Tucson so they did the fireworks show early to avoid an oncoming storm. The storm really cooled things off. It was perfect. (I bet you don't believe that Arizona has a monsoon season... seems silly but its true.)

We ended up having a combined lightning AND fireworks show. 

Here's my dad and I watching fireworks. It turns out, I'm scared of fireworks and no amount of encouragement from my parents could help relieve my fears. I suggested that we leave early to beat the traffic- it had nothing to do with the fact that I'm a huge wimp and didn't want to see any more "boom-boom."

I was MUCH happier in the safety of my car seat surrounded by my dollies. 











4 comments:

sherry said...

What, no picture of the girl in the overalls?;)

Dan and Jan said...

What fun! You guys are doing all the fun stuff now.

the coltons said...

i love booker and all his dollies :) i'm sure he will turn out to be quite a manly-man (not much of a girly-man) :) we miss you guys!

The Burtons said...

Sounds like you had a good time Booker. Doesn't your dad have some SAME camo overalls?