Friday, August 24, 2007

Sana Hilwa Ya Baba


Sirchow! That's kinda like "aloha" in Kurdish. My Baba taught me that. Speaking of my Baba, this Wednesday, August 29th, he's turning 50 years old! He's in Baghdad right now meeting with people like Syed Ammar al-Hakim, current leader of the Supreme Islamic Council of Iraq. So I made him this Birthday video to wish him a very SANA HILWA or pleasant year.

As a side note, my mom would like to make it crystal clear that tantrums are absolutely unacceptable and normally punished in our household. For the sake of this video, she let me off easy.

2 comments:

Petra said...

Booker, you rock. I'm so proud to be related, however tangentially.

Anonymous said...

Well this qualifies as an outstanding birthday present that I got to open early. I am seeing Jalal Talabani and Massoud Barzani this evening and will tell them that my grandson has his first Kurdish word. Baba