Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Nervous Habit

Booker has several nervous habits, but just one drives me absolutely insane. He chews on his shirt collar. Not only does it look and smell awful, it's also creating holes in his shirts. Which is totally unacceptable because two more kids have to wear those shirts!

I've been looking for some sort of solution. For awhile I was putting his shirt on time out if I caught him chewing on it, but eventually he would get cold and go grab another shirt. Then I came up with this brilliant solution...

Photobucket

Asher's bib. Which is great because not only does it prevent him from chewing on his collar, it's also embarrassing for him. Now I don't know what to do with him while he's at school. I'm ready to start duct-taping his shirts up each morning before he leaves. Suggestions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tobasco sauce on the collar in the morning. You can put it on the under side so it doesn't show. That way he not only gets a punishment for doing it, but the punishment is right at the point of infraction...